Saturday, February 14, 2009

Re: New Sobriety (Relationships)

On Feb 15, 6:46 am, mikewestvale <mikewestv...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > > > bottom line is my sobriety comes first. By the way I know my sponsor
> > > > > is looking out for me. The old timers in AA can see something I can't
> > > > > see i guess. CONFUSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> > > Richard and Country
>
> > > That's a minefield out there we suggest you don't walk through it.
> > > Many who have tried it have gotten blown away. That's how we know it's
> > > a minefield. Some of us too have tiptoed in there and have had minor
> > > injuries  (anything short of drunk or dead) Very few get through it
> > > unscathed.
>
> > > But we know--your different --you know where to walk. Good Luck. It is
> > > not a good idea to give others your map as it only will work for you.
>
> > > This writer is one that tried and got through it with minor injuries
> > > and I shudder to think of that time. I was a whole 6 months sober and
> > > she was 3 months and we were both oh so wise.
>
> > > It is a tough call asking one to curtail their emotional and sexual
> > > activity for a year or so but I have done so with sponsees only
> > > because I want to see them stay sober. One fellow was in tears at
> > > night wanting so much to be with a certain partner. Several years
> > > later she died of aids and my sponsee has never forgotten that. He did
> > > make up for lost time after his first couple of years and now is
> > > happily married with 3 kids and mortgages to the eyeballs.
>
> > > There will come a time no doubt when you will pass on a similar
> > > message in all likelihood if you are lucky enough to come through.
>
> > > Mikewestvale
>
> HB you are right I stand corrected on the use of "we". I guess the
> term should read" ...based on my experience  I suggest you don't walk
> through it." and further reference to we be replaced similarly.
> I do cite some personal experience however.
>
> Thanks for keeping me on my toes
> Mikewestvale

So your personal experience was similar to mine and others here, you
got through it with minor injuries. :-)

Seems to me that when folk come up with this or that rationalization
for their 'slip' they are telling people what they think people want
to hear, making excuses for their drinking which is what unrecovered
alcoholics excel at anyway.

Bob
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Alcoholics Anonymous" group.
To post to this group, send email to alcoholicsanonymous@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to alcoholicsanonymous+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/alcoholicsanonymous?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

No comments:

Post a Comment