Sunday, February 15, 2009

Re: New Sobriety (Relationships)

Apparently someone else has seen the movie "28 days"...but have you read "Working with Others"?

Keep coming back.
On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 7:27 PM, Charles Gamarski <chef4uuu2000@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi richard, During the past 40 yrs that i've been involved with A/A and others.  I've heard that brother &sister nonsense too many times. Your sponsor is RIGHT, STOP playing that game.  Here'a plan for you, it's "charlies 3P plan", [1]first get a Plant, take care of it for a year, if it's still alive and well. [2]Get a Pet a year later if your pet still loves you, then get a[3] Person.  And don't try to figure these things out. You should be confused in early recovery. Your sponsor would not give you bad info. Listen to him.  Also if you are in a rehab program, [hope ctr] or other and so is she, you are both crazy to be playing with fire as you are. 
If you havn't been to a rehab, your chances of success is less than 10%.  Get your ass in a out-patient program like the Schwartz Program.  Spend the few bucks, and there you will find out all the reasons NOT to get into a relationship at this point in your recovery.  But bottom line I'll bet you don't stay sober one year,  If others can make you feel like an A**** you most likely are.
peace and love Bro, it's your life 
On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 4:30 AM, Country <richardperry@southernwine.com> wrote:

I have been told to stay out of a relationship with a woman for the
first year. What is wrong with dropping a girl off at work after our
meeting with the same amount of sobriety 90 days like me. My motives
are of kindness and I feel like a brother to her as she thinks of me
as her sister. My sponsor was very upset and doesn't approve of this.
Where does it say in the Big Book that this is not good. I have
nothing to offer a woman in early sobriety. We are the talk of the
Alano Club and we both feel uncomfortable. I feel like i'm in high
school again. Peolpe assuming makes them and me look like a A**. The
bottom line is my sobriety comes first. By the way I know my sponsor
is looking out for me. The old timers in AA can see something I can't
see i guess. CONFUSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!





--
i





--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to Google's "Alcoholics Anonymous" group.

To unsubscribe from this group, send email to alcoholicsanonymous-unsubscribe@googlegroups.com

To report abuse from this group, send email to http://groups.google.com/group/alcoholicsanonymous/post?sendowner=1

~~~~~~~~~
NOTE*  This group has neither been approved or endorsed by and is not affiliated with Alcoholics Anonymous World Services, Inc. or any service entity of A.A.W.S., Inc.

-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

No comments:

Post a Comment