Saturday, February 14, 2009

Re: The Meaning Of Time.........

On Feb 15, 10:08 am, Tammy <tamijohns...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Feb 14, 2:49 pm, Bill Karpus <bkar...@gmail.com> wrote:> *The Meaning Of Time*
>
> Life on life's terms?  Don't know if I'm ready for that.  Much to
> think about during this long sober Saturday night.  Thanks for taking
> the time to post.  Being on here is such a change from the other
> google groups I was a member of.  On the other side all beg for death
> & help in dying.  Here there is joy & hope & desire to live.  What a
> strange, strange week it's been.

Tammy!

Your post brought memories of motor cycle riding, and when I was
eighteen, folks said I would never live to twenty one because of my
attitude to corners and bends in the road. When I was fifty eight,
newly sober, and leaning right into a thrilling curve in the road on
my way to an AA meeting. I had a remarkable sensation, "I don't want
to die on this motor cycle, I *want* to live!"

Thanks for memories of when a new benchmark arrived in my life.

Bob.
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to Google's "Alcoholics Anonymous" group.

To unsubscribe from this group, send email to alcoholicsanonymous-unsubscribe@googlegroups.com

To report abuse from this group, send email to http://groups.google.com/group/alcoholicsanonymous/post?sendowner=1

~~~~~~~~~
NOTE* This group has neither been approved or endorsed by and is not affiliated with Alcoholics Anonymous World Services, Inc. or any service entity of A.A.W.S., Inc.
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

No comments:

Post a Comment